Thursday, November 5, 2009

fighting something

The past week or so I feel like I've been fighting something off. I've been on the verge of getting sick but have somehow just avoided it. I feel achy and dehydrated even though I've been pounding the H20.

During my 10 mile run this morning my legs felt fine, but I was feeling hungry and dehydrated the entire time. I ate my usual pre-run breakfast of a bagel with creme cheese and a banana but I may have waited to long after breakfast to start running. It certainly wasn't the worst run I've had but it wasn't the best.

I've got a couple of days off from work so I'm hoping the extra time will help me get to feeling good again.

I've got a concrete plan now on what to do between now and January 11th as well, so that is comforting. I'll be getting back in the pool next week and hopefully getting on the bike more consistently. I'm beginning to become restless with just running. This is why I don't think I could ever been just a swimmer, cyclist, or a runner again. I get bored quickly! The constant mixing it up while you train for tri's suits me just fine.

My ATP (Annual Training Plan) through the Ironman looks something like this right now:

November and December:
- Off season base building/maintenance
- 2-3 workouts per week in each discipline
- 6-8 hours a week total training time
- Low intensity on all workouts

January 11th
- Begin 8 weeks base phase
- 3 workouts per week in each discipline
-7-10 hours a week total training time
- Mostly low intensity with some controlled interval work mixed in.

March 8th
- Begin 8 weeks build phase
- 3 workouts per week in each discipline
- 9 to 14 hours a week total training time
- Mix of low intensity key long workouts and high intensity short interval work.

May 3rd
- Begin 8 weeks peak phase
- 3 workouts per week in each discipline
12 to 17 hours a week total training time
- Longest workouts and middle distance workouts at threshold intensity

No comments: