Thursday, February 24, 2011

now my front hurts...

Whiny warning: 99.9% of the time I'm a pretty tough triathlete, but after 3 months of grinding it out in the name of swim, bike, and run - I need to whine!

Every once in a while I'll see something that really sum's up how I'm feeling. Video below:



The past 4 or 5 days have included some just really tough training. On the surface the workouts that my coach planned didn't seem that lengthily or taxing, but I think it was the combination of them that really got me. Up until now this season I've pretty much been able to recover pretty well between one workout to the next. Like I said, up until now.

It all started with the Tundra TT this past Saturday. Then Monday a long run/bike/run brick at aerobic threshold pace. Then I followed that up with a 62 mile ride in gusty conditions on Tuesday. My legs now have this deep tissue tiredness to them, an almost dead feeling. The kind of tired you can feel just standing there. Luckily my coach has the foresight to know that these workouts were going to be a tough combination, so the 3 days following that combination are pretty easy days. Saturday I'm running a trail half marathon - it will be tough because I'm sure I will still have some level of fatigue, but It will make a great training run non the less.

No comments: