Tuesday, December 8, 2009

feeling fresh

4 days to go until the Rocket City Marathon and my legs are finally starting to feel rested and recovered. I have two more short runs to to do of 3 and 2 miles and then it will be race day.

The days leading into this event are always filled with second guessing - even if the training was executed you have no reason to second guess. My goals for this event are to race smart and trust my training. By racing smart it means going out slow! I think if I do this I will be able to hit my goal time of 3:25.

Last minute preparations like picking up a new stick of body glide and some race fuel need to be taken care of, along with making sure all the race wear is ready to go.

Forecast is calling for a 40% chance of rain on race day - I'm hoping it's wrong or it changes!

No comments: