Saturday, August 30, 2008

the run...

The last few days have been all about the run. Friday night after work I took Scout out for a short trail run at Yargo. She is definitely getting stronger every time we go and seems to take less breaks to smell and do other things. Can dogs become more focused runners? Scout seems to be! I felt good also - I really wanted wanted to set myself up for Saturday where I would go for a 2 hour run.

This morning I had to get my run done early because Naomi and I had plans to go to Athens to watch the game. I got started by 7 and I eased into a sub 8 minute pace. I was very consistent through out the 15 mile run with the exception of the last mile. A slight up hill through out mile 14 caused me to tie up. I went through the 13.1 mile mark (half marathon) at 1h 42 minutes which put my pace at about 7:46. It felt pretty comfortable for the most part. I'm hoping to hold 8 minute miles for my half iron and also for my marathon.

Tomorrow I wrap up the week with a big brick before work starting from Buford at 7:00 AM.

1 comment:

Allison D said...

Question for you...what is a "brick"?