Thursday, October 7, 2010

Favorite spots

Just like anyone else who is into endurance type sports, I have my favorite places that I like to train. Today I visited one of those spots for a mountain bike ride. This particular place I have been going to for nearly a decade now. I've watched the mountain bike trails grow from not much at all to a great 13 mile loop - they are also a wonderful place to trail run. Fort Yargo State Park is only about 25 minutes from our house which really isn't to far to drive for what you get to enjoy! Often I go out to Yargo with the intention of busting out a serious hard workout, so today I figure I'd take a more relaxed approach in my ride around the park. I brought along my camera to snap a few shots of the more scenic spots along the trail. Pretty amazing what you can find so close to home :)

Here's to the off season...a time to "go mountain biking and drink a beer" as my friend Kat Tindol likes to say.




No comments: