Monday, July 28, 2008

Edurolytes

Brick- 3 hours
Ride: 2h 27m - 19.4 mph avg - 47.0 miles.
Run: 31:49 - 4 miles

Endurolytes saved my butt today. Those tiny capsules of just the right amount of electrolytes seem to do the trick when your losing lots of fluids. I'm not so sure I adjusted my fluid intake enough as the temperature came up through my workout this morning. To much fluids and your electrolytes of diluted to much to be useful, to little and well - just dehydration sets in. I wasn't far off today, maybe another 20oz bottle of water thrown in somewhere would have been helpful especially with the temperature in the 90's by the time I hit the run. I did discover a type of power bar that goes down more like a smoothie than a solid. Which is why they call it "smoothie" I guess. It seems to melt in your mouth a good bit as you chew it and goes down pretty easily. I'm trying to get away from to much solids for refueling during long workouts and my races. I don't think the nutrients are broken down and utilized by the body fast enough. I'm looking for that perfect combination of mostly a liquid diet and a small amount of semi-solids (gels perhaps). All in all it was a good workout and I felt very strong on the bike but I think the heat started to get the best of me on the run.

No comments: