Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weekend + Mon to Wed

This past weekend the training went pretty well. I ended up with a 38 mile bike on Saturday with Naomi. We started off by riding up to Lanier to watch Tracy compete in the Irongirl triathlon. It was fun to watch someone else do the racing and it always gets the competitive juices flowing. Tracy did great - I think she's going to be addicted to triathlon. That same evening I went to Yargo with Scout and ran 8 miles on the trails. I felt sluggish - it was pretty sticky out though.

Monday AM I got on the bike for a 75 minute ride and logged about 24 miles. I'm still adjusting to that new crank size on my bike. I think in the long run it will make me stronger but right now it just hurts. There is no spinning right now and coming from a compact crank when I spun everything, it's a big change. The idea is to get to the point where I feel like I'm spinning the bigger crank therefor I'm probably going to be moving a lot faster than I was with the compact.

This morning, Wednesday AM, I headed to Yargo again with Scout for a 6 mile run before work. I felt much better than Sunday's run but still not great. I think the hours I'm up on my feet at work plus coaching swimming is making my legs feel a bit lethargic on my workouts. Coaching is over in a few weeks though, so I'm hoping be able to devote that time to recovering from workouts instead of standing up an extra 12-15 hours a week.

In other news, my new wheels came in for my bike yesterday - super excited! Maybe I'll post some pictures of the complete bike with new wheels on here after I put them on today.

No comments: