Wednesday, July 30, 2008

monster month

AM Run: 45 mintues
PM bike: 1 hour 1 minute, 30 seconds. (20.3 miles)

After yesterday's unplanned day off and some training schedule re-arranging for the week, I got back on track today with a run in the morning and a ride in the evening. Both were just mileage workouts. Although the bike turned into somewhat of a speed workout with the impending storm moving in over my head as I passed the halfway point of the ride. This month has been my most training hours for triathlon ever with over 41 hours logged, and I still have one day left in July. This week I'm wrapping up with the Covington century (100 miles) on Saturday so my hours for the week will be nearly 14. Covington should be fun, last year there were around 700 cyclist!

I also signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon yesterday. I'm pretty excited about it - the goal is to really see what running the distance is like and contemplate weather I am capable of the full Ironman distance, which concludes with the marathon distance...after a 2.4 mile swim and a 112 mile bike ride. What the hell am I thinking? We'll find out I soon enough I guess.

No comments: