Thursday, July 3, 2008

feels like burning

I got up before work this morning and head out for 20 miles on the bike. It was the first ride with the fabulous new wheels. They make the bike accelerate and hold the turns so much nicer. I went for it a little bit and averaged just a touch under 20 mph on a pretty hill route. I definitely was feeling better towards the end when my body started adjusting to the lactic acid it was producing. I think it's also time to add those aero bars back on - sitting up and letting the wind catch my wide shoulders is getting old. My last three workouts of the week happen to be my longest - mostly due to my work and coaching right now, there's just not time during the week to get 2 hour + workouts in. I have a 70 minute run, a 2 hour bike, and a 2 hour brick to wrap up the week. I have tomorrow and Sunday off work and no swimming so it shouldn't be an issue getting this done.

No comments: